About the CNA Job & HHA Opportunities
BrightStar Care is a leading private duty senior home care agency in the Northern Virginia area, offering extremely competitive pay (hint: higher than average), paid time off, 401k, flexible schedules, paid CEU programs, ongoing training, and a supportive team culture to grow a stable and rewarding career. BrightStar Care is a nationally recognized agency and has partnered with myCNAjobs to recruit for nearly 100 certified nursing assistant and home health aide jobs over the coming year. There is an immediate need to recruit 15 CNAs, certified in the state of Virginia, to start before December 31, 2012.
How it works
Like all companies that use myCNAjobs to hire, BrightStar Care will view caregiver profiles on the site (our form of a “resume”) to invite people in for career fairs, phone interviews, and in-person interviews. Interviews start ASAP and will be held every week at the Fairfax headquarters by invitation and appointment. To be considered for these jobs, FILL OUT THE JOB APPLICATION HERE.
What’s In it for you?
- Extremely competitive pay (hint: higher than average)
- Benefits, including paid time off and 401k
- Flexible schedules, part and full time for both live-in and non live-in caregivers
- Ongoing training opportunities
- All-star supportive team
What you’ll be doing:
- Working directly in the home of BrightStar trusted clients and following a detailed care plan under the supervision of on-staff RN (and most importantly: making a difference in someone’s life)
- Providing personal care and grooming
- Recording vital signs
- Assisting with transportation to/from appointments, around the house, etc.
- Creating a safe, warm, and welcoming environment
What we’re looking for:
- Caring and dependable caregivers
- CNA or CHHA Certification, valid in the state of VA (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Previous experience is a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong references and ability to pass a background check
Career Fair Schedule
- Tuesday, January 15: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST
- Friday, February 12: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST
To join the career fair, you MUST FILL OUT AN APPLICATION prior to attending. No appointments are need – simply show-up ready for an interview anytime within the hours listed for on-the-spot interviews, light refreshments, and conversations with staff. Come prepared with a resume and references and indicate that you have pre-applied on myCNAjobs during your interview. If you have questions, call the job hotline at 703.267.2382, indicating your name, question, and that you’re calling regarding the myCNAjobs BrightStar job fair.
The job fair will be held here:
10530 Warwick Avenue, Suite #6C
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for these jobs?
For consideration, simply join the myCNAjobs caregiver community by filling out a single job application. With this job application, you’ll be considered for all local Fairfax jobs, including these immediate openings at BrightStar Care. APPLY NOW
What if I’m already part of the myCNAjobs community? Am I already considered for these jobs?
Yes! You’re a step ahead and your job application is already in the hands of this employer. If you have questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below and be sure to check out the upcoming job fairs (dates and times to be announced).
When will I be contacted?
BrightStar Care is reviewing caregivers profiles on myCNAjobs MULTIPLE times each week and will contact caregivers directly. It’s not guaranteed that you will be contacted, however top CNAs and HHAs that meet the job requirements are strongly considered. All candidates,applying on myCNAjobs, are invited to an upcoming career fair on-site in Fairfax. This is your time to shine so keep checking back for details (hint: you can bookmark this page)!
How do I talk with someone about these job opportunities in person?
Attend one of the upcoming job fairs – dates/times to be announced shortly. Before the fair, it’s important to be certain that you have completed the job application.
I have more questions – how do I get answers?
Leave comments, questions, and anything you’d like myCNAjobs and BrightStar to know about you (in addition to the job application) in the comment fields below. You can also tweet @myCNAjobs and include hashtag #ApplyBrightStar.
Note: If you’re a CNA school, church, or other community program and would like to connect these jobs to your community, please contact our Recruitment Squad.