Express Your Inner Greatness Within a Great Place to Work!
As part of the MorseLife Health System, our nursing department is now seeking a Full Time and Part Time Patient Care Specialist to join our team! We invite you to be part of one of the Best Places to work according to the South Florida Business Journal!
Teamwork. Passion. Impact. Leadership. Quality. Customer Focus. These are more than just our guiding attributes. They’re the values shared by each member of our team – and the principles behind our success as a 5-Star, Gold Seal, nationally recognized senior care provider. If these traits resemble you as a whole, you may be an excellent match for our most current opportunity:
Patient Care Specialist
Provides nursing assistance and personal care to all residents under the direction of nursing and medical staff, by performing the following duties.
How to make an impact:
- Resident Care: Listening to residents and responding to their concerns and questions. Completing all necessary and appropriate resident care, including toileting, vital signs, repositioning, transferring, bathing & dressing. Reporting all resident concerns and changes to the nurse in charge.
- Transportation of Residents: Involves transporting residents to any activity or appointment.
- Nutrition of Residents: Involves assisting residents by providing them with all their nutritional needs. This includes: providing snacks, milkshakes, and assisting residents at meal time.
- Professionalism: Involves maintaining a neat and clean appearance, the willingness to learn new concepts, accepting accountability for job performance, the ability to manage time effectively, and promoting compassion and understanding for the residents and their needs/wants. Promotes team work.
- Attendance and Punctuality: Involves coming to work when assigned, checking the time card, checking the schedule and reporting for the assignment in a timely manner.
- Safety for Self and Residents: Involves personal safety in all work, being alert, and watching out for the safety of the residents and staff members. Moving and transferring residents in a safe manner according to the plan of care as well as established protocols and guidelines.
- Communications and Customer Service: Involves speaking with residents, families and staff; with tact, diplomacy, and good listening skills. Includes responding to call bells, ownership of resident’s concern, promoting teamwork and being a trusted staff
- Documentation: Completing required documentation after the completion of care. Filing in the chart as required.
- Activities: Assisting residents with appropriate activities, encouraging them to participate in individual and group activities. Assist residents with walk to dine ambulation programs and as much exercise as recommended. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisors. Follow infection control guidelines per nursing policies and procedures. Train and mentor newly recruited CNAs.
- Organization: Completion of care in a timely manner. Organization of resident’s room.
Continuing Education: Involves participating in all mandatory in services, and compliance with State of Florida Board of Nursing continuing education for the Certified Nursing Assistant in Long Term Care requirements.
What you’ll bring to the table:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with 1 year of CNA experience.
Valid State of Florida CNA License and CPR Certification.
MorseLife is ideal for professionals looking to express their own Inner Greatness. Has your Inner Greatness yet to be noticed? Come join our team and we’ll help you make an impact and surpass even your own expectations!
MorseLife is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Work Place.