A Direct Care Worker providing personal care is a non ‑ licensed member of the home care team who assists the client with the tasks of daily living as outlined in a written care plan that is established by a Registered Nurse Supervisor and is kept in the client's home. Direct Care Workers providing personal care are supervised by the RN Supervisor of Relative Care, LLC and receives scheduling direction from Relative Care’s, Care Coordinator.
Education and Experience:
1. A Direct Care Worker providing personal care must have a minimum of one year of work experience which is verifiable through references, and must complete Relative Care’s employment process.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position.
4. Must exhibit mature, responsible behavior, and understand the need for patient confidentiality.
5. Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English.
6. Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the RN Supervisor any change in client’s condition.
7. Must have available reliable transportation to and from assignments.
8. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
The duties of a Direct Care Worker providing personal care may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Assisting clients with all activities of daily living (Ambulation Assistance, Incontinence Care, Feeding, Grooming and Bathing)
2. Planning and preparing meals according to specific dietary requirements of the client.
3. Maintaining a safe, clean and healthy environment through light housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
4. Providing companionship and stimulation for the client including reading, walks, etc.; and accompanying the client to doctors or other appointments.
5. Grocery shopping or other errands when needed.
6. Performing other housekeeping tasks as indicated in the care plan.
7. Participating in in‑service education programs.
We do offer the following:
Caregiver Appreciation Weeks
Easy to request off
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily. After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.