This level of care supports and maintains individuals in their place of residence by providing RCA I support services and personal “hands on” care. Clients who require RCA III caregivers may not be able to participate in all of their personal “hands on” care activities. RCA III care is provided by a Certified Nurse Aide, Home Health Aide or the state level equivalent who has completed formalized training.
Education and Experience:
1. Must have a minimum of one year of work experience which is verifiable through references, and must complete Relative Care’s employment process.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position.
4. Must exhibit mature, responsible behavior, and understand the need for patient confidentiality.
5. Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English.
6. Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the RN Supervisor any change in client’s condition.
7. Must have available reliable transportation to and from assignments.
8. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Must have a valid driver's license, car insurance and own a vehicle.
1. All RCA I & II Level activities can be performed at the RCA III Level.
2. Apply the principles of good nutrition to meal planning and preparation paying particular attention to the requirements of special diets. Can prepare a specialized diet for the client.
3. Perform daily living activities—grooming, bathing, dressing, and toileting.
4. Performs occupied bed changes.
5. Performs bed bath.
6. Provide nail care to clients that are not diabetic or on anti-coagulant prescriptions.
7. Maintain intake and output records.
8. Assist with client-directed, non-invasive ostomy care only when there is no need for skilled skin care or for observation or reporting to a nurse within state guidelines. The aide will not be responsible for skin breakdown and observation of skin.
9. Provide skin care to clients with chronic problems under the direction of a licensed nurse. Caregivers cannot provide wound care or apply prescription medications.
10. Provide medication assistance under the direction of a licensed registered nurse within state guidelines.
11. Provide transfers with the use of gait belts, total lift and transfer devices with the proper training and demonstrated competency.
Assists with respiratory status
· Assists clients with nebulizer treatments by providing reminders and preparing and cleaning supplies.
· Applies oxygen and maintains oxygen equipment.
· Maintains intactness of ventilator during position changes.
1. Reinforce range of motion, physical and occupational therapy exercises under the direction of a licensed therapist or nurse.
We do offer the following:
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily. After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.