**Servicing Orlando, Winter Park, Lake Mary, Melbourne and surrounding areas. Licensed in Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Flagler, Volusia and Brevard Counties.**
- The Home Health Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant provide specifically defined, non-skilled health care services.
- The Home Health Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant is a licensed health care worker who provides personal care and light housekeeping services in the home setting of clients and families who are unable to perform these activities independently.
- The Home Health Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant is advised of all Spring Hills Home Care Services policies and procedures including providing care in compliance with the Client’s Bill of Rights, observing client and family confidentiality, and adherence to the clients choice of dress code.
The duties of a Home Health Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant may include, but are not limited to the following based on the individual care plan of the client:
- The performance of all personal care which include assisting the client with personal hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, shaving, physical transfer, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintenance of a clean, safe and healthy environment, which may include light cleaning and straightening of the bathroom, straightening of the sleeping and living areas, washing the client’s dishes or laundry, and such tasks to maintain cleanliness and safety for the client
- Other activities as taught by a Licensed Health Professional from Spring Hills Home Care Services for a specific client and are restricted to the following:
- assisting with the changing of a colostomy bag, reinforcement of the dressing
- assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living such as a wheelchair or walker
- assisting with the prescribed range of motion exercises
- assisting with prescribed ice cap or collar
- doing simple urine test for sugar, acetone or albumin
- measuring and preparing special diets
- measuring intake and output of fluids
- measuring temperature, pulse, respirations or blood pressure
- Keeping records of personal healthcare activities
- Observing appearance and gross behavior changes in the client and reporting to the Registered Nurse or Registry.
Home Health Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant May Not:
- Administer or pour medication as mandated by law.
- Cut the fingernails or toenails of any client.
Perform any type of heavy housework such as cleaning stoves with oven cleaner, moving heavy furniture or appliances etc…
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- Florida Department of Health, Certified Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide
- May require Bonding and Personal Liability Insurance
CNA OR HHA LICENSE
DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION IF YOU ARE NOT CERTIFIED
Positions Include: caregiver, companion, CNA, C.N.A., nurses aide, certified nursing aide, certified nurses aide, HHA, CHHA, H.H.A., home health aide, home health worker, home care caregiver, PCA, personal care attendant
Apply For This Job
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily.
After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.