Join Maple Wood Alzheimer's Special Care Center, part of the JEA Senior Living Community family. At JEA Senior Living, we celebrate the lives of seniors and create communities that help them live well throughout the aging process. We also celebrate our caregiving team and provide a great option to pick-up a shift or build a long-term meaningful career.
We’re located in Springfield and we’re currently recruiting for both part-time and full-time hours across many shifts.
Why work for JEA Senior Living?
- We are certified as a Great Place to work
- Help your community; 84% of all employees indicate they feel good about the ways we contribute to the community and 85% indicate they feel a sense of pride
- Feel welcome; 86% of all employees indicate they are made to feel welcome when they join our team
- Make a difference: 89% of all employees indicate their work has meaning – it’s not just a job
- Earn competitive wages & benefits; we offer market competitive pay and benefit programs
- Paid training programs; we will train you on-the-job
- Great scheduling; we’ll work with you to find a schedule that works
What’s a day in the life like working for JEA Senior Living?
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and mobility
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activities
- Responds to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly
Upholds Residents’ Rights at all times
- Observes residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental, or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, accidents, injuries, or unusual occurrences, and reports promptly to a licensed nurse
- Completes all forms and documentation as required
- Assists in the dining room during resident meal times
- Encourages residents to participate in scheduled activities and outings, and assists with those activities as needed
- Provides residents with opportunities for self expression and enhanced self esteem through spontaneous individual or small group interaction and activity
- Light housekeeping duties
- Attends all required staff meetings and in-service training sessions
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and contributes to an atmosphere of team spirit and cooperation within the facility
- Promotes customer service and positive community relations by treating residents, families, other staff, and all visitors in a courteous, helpful and friendly manner