Home Care Scheduler
Good Samaritan Senior Care, serving St. Louis, St. Louis County, St. Charles County and N. Jefferson County, provides quality and compassionate care to seniors in their homes. Our professional caregivers promote the physical as well as social and emotional well-being of our clients.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team in the office. This person will be responsible for all the day to day scheduling of caregivers and clients. The ideal candidate must be professional and kind, a team player, hard working, well-organized, flexible, and patient.
- Matching client schedules with compatible caregivers
- Maintaining the client schedule and finding substitutes as needed
- Communicating schedule changes with office staff, caregivers and clients
- Office and clerical activities as needed to support the team and the smooth operation of the business
- Occasionally filling in for caregivers when there is no one else available
- Participation in the on call rotation (weekend, weeknight and holidays)
- Able to use and learn scheduling software
- Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Thorough knowledge of caregiver responsibilities
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and remains flexible in order to adapt to changes
- Enjoys solving problems and can maintain a positive attitude
- Outstanding attendance
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to understand and relate well with field staff, clients, and clients' families
- Senior caregiving and some scheduling experience preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable vehicle with current auto insurance
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background screening and drug test
The schedule for this position is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 8 am to 5 pm, Wednesday, 9 am- 1pm and Friday, 9 am-4 pm in addition to the on call rotations.