Purpose of Position:
The Home Health Aide is trained to provide home management, personal care and health related tasks to clients and families experiencing recent episodic or chronic health care problems. The Home Health Aide works under the supervision of an RN or LPN. The Home Health Aide qualifications will conform to NYCRR Title X 700.2.
1. Assist with the care of the teeth and gums.
2. Assist with the care of hair including shampooing and shaving.
3. Assist with ordinary care of nails, such as washing, drying and filing with an emery board.
4. Assist with bathing in the bed, tub or shower.
5. Assist with feeding.
6. Assist with toileting, use of commode, bedpan, and urinal.
7. Assist with dressing.
8. Assist with walking, use of walker, cane or wheelchair.
9. Assist with transfers from bed to chair or commode and back.
10. Prepares and serves meals according to instructions.
11. Changes bed linens.
12. Dusts, vacuums, and straightens the room the client uses.
13. Washes dishes, clean the kitchen, bathroom sink and bathtub.
14. Maintains general cleanliness of the client environment.
15. Shops for the client, if needed.
16. Launders the client’s clothes and linens.
1. Ability to provide direct care according to the established plan of care.
2. Ability to carry out a variety of treatments and procedures.
3. Meets all general qualifications for employment listed herein.
4. Has a certificate of basic training or has demonstrated competency by assessment methodology, in a Home Health Aide Program approved by the New York State Department of Health.
5. Has demonstrated interest in sick or disabled persons.
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily. After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.