Reporting to the Residential Program Manager, the Residential Counselor is responsible for providing one-to-one direct care and support to the individuals living in group residences. Provides residents with the training in skills areas to enable them to live in less supervised environments and become active members in their communities.
CSAAC is a non-profit organization. We provide direct support services to Autistic adults and children. We have about 60 group homes in Montgomery county which you will be part of. You will be assigned your client/group home depending on the need at that given time, therefore, your location is subject to change. For further information please email me at email@example.com.
It's Every Weekend Shift: Saturday and Sunday From 8:00 am to 12:00 am (midnight). 16 hours per day and 32 hours per weekend. This position is eligible for medical benefits and sick hours.
• Please fill out the application online at : www.csaac-careers.vibehcm.com.
• Works one-to-one with resident, assisting them with the activities of daily living: teaching money management, housekeeping, cooking, personal care and hygiene, socialization with roommates and persons in the community, and appropriate use of leisure time.
• Develops and maintains warm, clean, and safe home environment which is conducive to optimal development of the resident. Assists resident with the selection of new or replacement furniture in the groups residence.
• Implements the individual activity schedule of the resident. Documents all activities on the weekly activity schedule. The individual activity schedule is designed to implement the IP.
• Participates in the development of the IP. Implements the IP; alerts the Residential Supports Advisor when the IP needs a review, prior to the annual review. Documents any changes to the resident's program in the approved IP prior to implementation.
• Works with the Residential Program Manager to account for the individual monies of the resident. Teaches money management techniques to residents who experience difficulties managing their personal funds.
• Adheres to the mandatory use of CareMatic system to access, send email and access and report health information, data and incidents for individuals supported in CSAAC program.
Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in a human services discipline (e.g., Psychology, Social Work, etc.) preferred, or equivalent experience.
Experience: Two (2) years’ experience working with individuals with autism required if candidate only holds a high school diploma. One (1) year related experience as noted above required if candidate holds as an Associates’ degree.
Skills: Must possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise patience, care and concern in new and sometimes stressful situations. Strong organizational skills required to provide effective case management services to the assigned resident(s). Computer literacy required, with competency in the use of standard business software applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail software).
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily. After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.