You are a talented, caring, compassionate individual passionate about providing exceptional in-home care to children of all ages. We serve Loudoun and Western Fairfax Counties, including Herndon, Reston, Sterling, Centreville, Ashburn and Leesburg. All ages, including older job seekers are encouraged to apply. A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume or who have been out of the workforce for 6 months or more.
Seeking Caregivers who:
· Love caring for babies, toddlers and school-age children
· Are reliable, dependable, honest and caring
· Speak and write in English
· Have a valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance and can drive to clients’ homes
· Provide care, nurturing and engagement to the agency’s clients.
· May be required to perform light housekeeping.
· Must complete 12 hours of company-provided training per year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Experience caring for babies and small children.
· Must be able to function with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for maintaining a professional relationship with the client.
· Must be 18 years of age.
· Able to work a minimum of 20-40 hours per week
· Must pass all background screenings with satisfactory results.
· Able to bend, climb, stoop, and stand an average of 5 hours per day.
· Able to lift 20-30 pounds.
· Caregivers are not allowed to smoke in clients’ homes
Other Requirements and Qualifications:
· Must live in Loudoun County or Western Fairfax County
· Must be prepared to accept work assignments within 15 road miles of your home, up to 40 hours per week, between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday through Friday. Optional assignments outside of these hours or further from home may be offered.
· Must accept all schedules offered with at least four hours’ notice.
· Planned Days off must be communicated 2 weeks in advance, no exceptions.
· Must complete a brief online training module before orientation day. An assessment test will be administered on the day of orientation and caregiver must pass with an 80% score.
· Must agree to obtain CPR/First Aid certification at own expense within two weeks of hire. Online certifications are acceptable.
· Full time work available
· Health Insurance through Kaiser Permanente for qualifying employees
· One week of Paid Time Off per year
· Premium Holiday Pay
· Paid drive-time plus mileage reimbursement between two clients on the same day
· Supplemental insurance through Aflac
· 401(k) retirement plan
· Online classes are available 24/7 and offer self-paced study and online testing with immediate scoring
· Referral bonuses provided for caregivers and clients referred
Homewatch CareGivers has been a premier provider of home care for over 30 years, helping to improve the quality of life for those in our communities as well as provide meaningful employment opportunities. We offer employees a strong family-oriented culture and professional, accredited training that addresses relevant health and wellness issues. We welcome individuals who are eager to continually learn in order for us to best serve our clients’ needs. For more information about the company and our services, please visit our website: hwcg.com/loudoun.
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily. After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.