Seventh Generation Eldercare
We're a growing private pay in-home care company hiring CNAs and HCAs. We are a company focused on our caregivers and their growth. Join us and become a part of our growing team.
Personal Care Attendants provide service to individuals in their own homes and communities, who need assistance caring for themselves as a result of old age, sickness, disability, and/or other inflictions. Personal Care may include assistance with the activities of daily living, housecleaning, laundry, meal preparation, transportation, companionship, and respite,
Personal Care Attendants are responsible for ensuring that service is delivered in a caring and respectful manner, in accordance with relevant Agency policies and industry standards.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with the activities of daily living and personal care
- Perform other duties as qualified and requested.
- Ensure the client’s safety and security by supervising the home environment.
- Teach/perform meal planning and preparation, routine housekeeping activities such as making/changing beds, dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Provide companionship including social interactions, conversations, emotional reassurance, and encouragement of activities that stimulate the mind.
- Provides respite care for families in accordance with care plans.
- Perform/assist with essential shopping/errands, which may include handling the client’s money in accordance with the care plan and under the observation of the Supervisor.
- Assist clients with following a written, special diet plan and reinforcement of diet maintenance, which is provided under the direction of a Physician and as identified on the care plan.
- Escort clients to medical facilities, errands, shopping, and outings as specified in the care plan.
- Assist clients with communication by writing or typing correspondence for them or researching information for them.
- Participate in the Care Team by providing input and making suggestions.
- Ensure service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
- Monitor supplies and resources.
- Evaluate the program and make recommendations to it, as indicated.
- Follow the written care plan.
- Carry out duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Observe clients and their environments and report unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Observe clients and their environments and report behavior, physical and/or cognitive changes, and/or changes in living arrangements to Supervisor.
- Complete and maintain records of daily activities, observations, and direct hours of service.
- Attend orientation, in-service training sessions, and staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Make decisions and solve problems.
- Communicate with Supervisor and co-workers.
- Observe, receive, and obtain information from relevant sources.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to communicate with clients and to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to read and write English.
- A state Certified, Home Care Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant
- Ability to follow oral and written directions and complete work as assigned
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about client services and personal information
- Has and maintains current driver’s license and has a dependable insured automobile
- Ability to Lift and Bend
Benefits and Perks
- Training opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Immediate openings
- Supportive team and office staff
- Health and Insurance Benefits
- Mileage paid for travel between clients and for client transportation