Provides personal care services under the direction of Administrator, Employee Care Manager, Client Care Manager, Intake Specialist and COO. Performs services for the client as necessary to maintain their personal comfort.
Pay: $11.00 - $13.00
- 2 or more years of experience in caring for seniors or disabled adults or Certified Nursing Assistant
- Drivers License Required
- Reliable Car
- Car Insurance in your name
- Able to pass a National Background check
Essential Job Functions
- Range of Motion and assistance in ambulation or exercises
- Performs personal activities, including but not limited to: Bathing, Shampooing hair, Skin care, Oral hygiene, Shaving, Dressing
- Performs household services essential to a healthy home environment, including but not limited to: Meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Personal errands that may require driving personal vehicle or client’s vehicle per client’s and/or agency’s request.
- Assist with transferring
- Attends to the client’s request promptly.
- Provides companionship and socialization.
- Aids in physical and emotional support
- Assists with meal planning, purchase of food, and food preparation.
- Knows and follows infection control policies including proper hand washing techniques.
- Maintains appropriate communication with the Administrator, Client Care Manager, and Director of Operations (written and verbal).
- Assists in the access to and documentation of medications that are self-administered by the client.
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client’s condition and/or needs to supervisor
- Follows the reporting guidelines on the Individualized Service Plan.
- Documents care provided and completes the forms required for the client’s record. Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations. Submits documentation per Agency requirements by end of shift.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following Agency guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to supervisor
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation about its operation has been provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Attends in-service programs to meet compliance requirements.
- Treats clients, families, co-workers and office staff with respect.
- All other duties as assigned