Under the Nurse Manager's direct supervision, the Certified Nursing Assistant assists in direct patient care and assists patients with daily living activities.
- Competitive Pay
- Educational Credits up to 2,500
- 2 Floating Holidays
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes and records routine patient vital signs as per instructed by RN/LVN.
- Performs patient rounds as ordered; if unable to perform, the primary nurse is notified.
- Knowledgeable of vital sign ranges and reports any deviation to the primary nurse immediately.
- Ensures that fluid/food intake and output are appropriately measured and recorded in patient charts every shift.
- Bathes patients as scheduled; if the patient declines, the nurse and program director are properly notified.
- Performs oral care at least once per shift and documents on patient's chart.
- Provides hair care at least once per shift and documents on patient's chart.
- Ensures patients are turned at least Q2HRS or as ordered; if the patient cannot be turned or refuses, the primary nurse is notified and is documented in the patient's chart.
- Feeds patients as assigned/required.
- Assist with transfers as needed.
- Assists patients with bowel/bladder needs.
- Answers patients call lights-timely (within 5 minutes if not in another patient's room). Immediately reports any patient concerns/ pt family complaints to the program director.
- Reports any perceived/actual change in patient's alertness, physical condition, skin changes, and any other areas of concern to patient's primary care nurse immediately.
Can verbalize facility's emergency codes and responsibility with each. Can verbalize the CNA role in patient emergency situations.
- Ensures patients bed is clean and organized at all times with call bell and patient items within reach.
- Practices correct isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and to control the spread of infection.
- Maintains cleanliness of various instruments and equipment used per facility policy.
- Keeps patient rooms clean and in an orderly condition by removing all trash and preventing unnecessary clutter.
- Assist with restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as required, including gowns, gloves, masks, etc.
- Is respectful/courteous to patients/families/fellow staff at all times
- Exchanges and communicates patient care information upon change of shift.
- Performs walking rounds at the change of shift.
Completes all required documentation promptly and before the end of shift.
- Ability to accept direction from supervisors and other management team members positively and professionally.
- Ensures soiled linen hampers are covered, cleaned, and/or emptied as needed and at the end of the shift.
- Communicates unit/patient concerns to Program Director.
- Performs and documents patients' weights as ordered.
- Ensures patient attends scheduled therapies and groups.
Interacts with patients and families in a caring and compassionate manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.