At WelbeHealth, our vision is a world where every human being participates in our culture through their final days. To make this vision a reality, we provide integrated medical and social services to our most vulnerable seniors, helping to unlock their full potential. We are looking for team members who are energized by working in diverse teams toward our shared purpose, who are eager to drive groundbreaking innovation, and who will interact with those we serve and those who serve them in a spirit of understanding and compassion.
We launch and operate WelbeHealth PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) programs and are hiring in multiple markets in California. The program serves as our patients’ health insurer and directly provides comprehensive primary care and social services to keep them living safely in the community. The Home Care Assistant will provide safe delivery of personal care services to WelbeHealth PACE participants in their homes, as scheduled and directed.
The perks of working at WelbeHealth:
- $5,000 in bonuses during year 1: Our Home Care Assistants hires are a part of WelbeHealth’s PCA Train & Stay program where you’ll receive more than $5,000 in bonuses during your first year
- $1,000 Training Bonus: You’ll receive a bonus upon successfully completing your required training when you join (typically completed within first 30 days)
- $1,000 Quarterly Bonus: $1,000 bonus for every quarter you’re employed during your first year
- $500 Referral Bonuses: You’ll receive an additional referral bonus every time you refer a friend who gets hired (no limit!)
- Competitive hourly pay: We’ll pay you a competitive hourly wage ($17/hour and up, depending on your certifications)
- Growth: We’ll cover the cost of receiving your Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and/or Home Health Aide (HHA) certification if you don’t already have it
- Benefits and paid time off from day 1: Your insurance coverage and time off accrual starts on day one, no waiting period!
- Your voice matters: At WelbeHealth, our Home Care Assistants (PCA's) are a vital part of our team. You will contribute to the care planning process as an equal part of our interdisciplinary team
- We’ll keep you safe: We provide ample PPE and test regularly to keep you and your family safe from COVID
What you’ll do:
- Provide personal care and assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) to WelbeHealth PACE participants, in their homes, including but not limited to bathing, dressing, grooming, dressing, toileting, transferring etc.
- Assist participants with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs), including but not limited to laundry, light housekeeping, shopping, etc.
- Measure and document participants’ vital signs as instructed
Assist with light meal preparation and feeding in participants’ homes, ensuring participants are nurtured and hydrated
- Assist participants with safe transfer in and out of their homes and act as medical escort on vehicles and to medical appointments as assigned
- Maintain personal care supplies such as incontinence supplies and personal grooming items in participants’ homes
- Assist Rehabilitation department by carrying out a home exercise program as indicated in the care plan developed by the IDT, after sufficient training
- Remind participants of medications which are ordinarily self-administered
- Provide translation services as needed, if qualified
Assist Engagement team and Day Center teams as needed
Other duties as assigned