Company: Beneficial In-Home Care, Inc
Location: Spokane, WA
Job Title: Caregiver
Salary: DOE Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Paid time off. Additional Compensation: Other forms
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Weekends, Holidays Required, Day Shift, Night Shift or 8-hour Shift
We value our Caregivers as much as our Clients. We have Caregivers who have been with us up to 35 years!
Hires Needed: I have an ongoing need to fill this role
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Hiring Bonus: $500
Stipulations:*Must work at least 30 days
*Already certified and in compliance with Credential status (CE’s)
*Work 25 hours minimum
Job Description: HOMECARE WORKER JOB DESCRIPTION:
Definition: The Homecare worker is an employee who provides personal care and related services in the home of the clients. They are compassionate people who provide important services to clients to help maintain their independence. This can be a part-time or full-time position.
Responsibilities: Under the direction of office staff, the Homecare worker may be instructed to provide the following Activities of Daily Living:
1. Assisting clients in maintaining good personal hygiene, personal care (transfers, toileting, bathing), and assisting with medications, all while keeping the client as independent as possible and without taking away their dignity and their rights.
2. Transporting authorized clients to medical appointments and grocery shopping
3. Assistance in maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
4. Meal planning, preparing, cueing and assisting with nutritious meals.
5. Providing basic emotional and psychological support to client while remaining professional always without crossing boundaries.
6. Establishing a rapport with client, which conveys trust and confidentiality.
7. Regularly providing documentation on progress, changes, or concerns with your clients or your client’s surroundings.
8. Providing care in compliance with the Plan of Care/Tasks developed for each client
9. Notifying the Case Manager when there is a change in the client’s condition-good or bad, and concerns.
10. Completing incident reports whether for you or for a client injury that occurred on the job.
11. Having knowledge of HIPAA, confidentiality, ER preparedness, infection control, and universal precautions.
12. Reporting any known or suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation – you are a “Mandatory Reporter”.
13. Keeping a consistent schedule and being on time.
14. Communicating all scheduling changes with the Scheduling Department.
15. Ability to lift up-to 50 lbs. unaided
1. Non- Exempt Employees:
§ Must complete 5 hours of Orientation & Safety Training before the can work (this is provided by Beneficial and it is a paid orientation).
§ Must have 70 Hour Core Basic Training within 120 days of being hired and be Home Care Aide Certified by 200 days from hire date.
2. Exempt Employees:
§ Responsible for license renewal and continuing education.
3. All Employees:
§ Must stay complaint with:
§ Continuing Education classes on a yearly basis
§ Keeping your driver’s license and auto-insurance updated
§ Knowing, understanding and practicing Beneficial In-Home Care policies and abiding by these guidelines.
*This position requires you have a valid driver’s license and auto-insurance*
1. How many years of relevant experience do you have?
2. What is the highest level of education you have completed?
3. Do you have a Home Care Aide Certification (HCA)?
4. Do you have a Nursing Assistant Certification (CNA) or a Registered Nursing Assistant (NAR)?
5. Are you authorized to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
6. Do you have a driver’s license?
7. Do you have auto insurance?
Additional Job Details: This job is ideal for someone who is:
o Dependable: more reliable than spontaneous
o People- Oriented: enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
o Adaptable/Flexible: enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
o Detail-Oriented: would rather focus on the details of the work than the bigger picture
o High Stress Tolerance: thrives in a high-pressure environment
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily. After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.