*Day, Evening, and Night shifts available*
**Hiring for immediate client needs in New Buffalo, Michigan. Help a senior gentleman come back home!**
Private Duty Home Healthcare is looking for a compassionate, caring individual to join our team of caregivers. Caregivers assist clients with their basic needs so that they are able to maintain a level of independence that allows them to continue to live in their home despite physical limitations or disability.
Are you just starting out in caregiving? Maybe you've helped care for family and now want to use your experience in the workplace? We meet you where you're at. Our nurse supervisors are happy to give you additional training and support to meet your client's needs.
Are you an experienced caregiver? We'd love to have you and so would our clients!
Do you have some training in healthcare already? Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), Medical Assistants (MA's), Physical Therapy Assistants (PTA's) and nursing students are encouraged to apply! We can put your higher skill set to use!
To be a Caregiver you must be willing and able to help your client with:
-assisting with toileting and hygiene
-transferring from a WC to chair or bed using a hoyer lift
-errand running (pick up a prescription, assist to the doctor, grocery shopping, etc.)
-light housekeeping (laundry, bed making, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, taking trash out, taking trash cans to the road, etc.)
Caregiver should be open to learning new skills and methods under the teaching, direction and supervision of the registered nurse supervisor.
Caregivers must have a valid Michigan drivers license, their own means of transportation, insurance on the vehicle they drive, and must pass a background check, driving record check and drug test.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, PRN
Pay: Competitive base pay, based on the Caregiver's skill and experience. Individual client assignments may have additional bonus or incentive pay depending on other factors.
PDHH is committed to keeping clients and staff safe during the COVID 19 pandemic. PDHH policy aligns with CDC, MIOSHA, and local health department guidelines. All staff screen themselves daily for symptoms or exposure and report to the PDHH nurse supervisor. Free COVID 19 testing for symptoms or routine screening is offered in house. Staff masking is required. If not vaccinated, we can help you get the COVID vaccine. PPE and hazard pay is provided to any staff willing to care for active COVID 19 cases (this is very rare).
* be at least 18 years old
* have their own method of transportation to work
* be able to maintain reliable attendance at scheduled shifts
* maintain professional appearance, communication, and conduct. (scrubs or business casual attire, no artificial nails, no smell of smoke or heavy scents, no visible tattoos or body piercings other than small earrings).
* Pass a urine drug test for illegal drugs
* Undergo a criminal background check and driving record check
* Maintain up to date auto insurance on the vehicle they drive for work.
* Be able to maintain clear and timely communication with the PDHH office and nursing supervisor.
* Be able to speak, read, and write English at a high school graduating level.
* Be able to work weekend shifts in an every other weekend rotation