Are you looking for a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) job where you can make a difference in people’s lives? Join a home care agency that truly cares about you! We are proud to offer you the opportunity to pursue your passion as Certified Nursing Assistant on a flexible schedule, and with the recognition and benefits you need. This job requires familiarity working with clients who have had some type of Dementia, Parkinson, or Alzheimer’s disease. Come work for us and see how BrightStar Care of Montgomery county (“BrightStar Care”) employees uphold A Higher Standard.
What we offer:
- Weekly pay with Direct deposit
- 401 (k)
- Paid Time Off
- Insurance – Medical
- Part of a team with RN Oversight
- Approachable office support staff
- Employee referral bonus
- On Call Bonus
- PRN options available
- Flexible schedule (short and long shifts available)
- Paid on site training
- Free continuing education
- Mobile Shift Access – mobile time tracking and care notes, employees can easily clock in and out for work right from your mobile device, online and offline
- Establishing a good working relationship with client and their loved ones, familiarized and work with client behaviors or onset of symptom, be able to manage dementia, continue to educate themselves about illness care needs, and also to reach for the supervisor assistance.
- Providing care as directed by a nursing supervisor, including but not limited to: bathing, grooming, oral care, dressing, undressing, toileting activities, taking and recording vital signs, and assisting with height and weight measurements, if necessary
- Providing care according to the patient’s plan of care, assistance with daily tasks, including but not limited to: feeding, meal preparation, linen changes, light housekeeping, providing transportation to doctor appointments, outdoor activities, and shopping
- Must be a MD resident
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant program with state of Maryland and a Maryland issued CNA License
- Certified CPR and negative TB skin test or chest x-ray; current Health Certificate
- COVID Vaccinated highly preferred
- Minimum one (1) year of documented health care experience is required (unless participating in an approved Mentor Program)
- Licensed driver with insured and reliable automobile
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
- Empathy for the needs of the client
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English and communicate effectively
- Treats clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
- Works as a team member.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information.
- Must be able to stand walk, squat, bend, kneel, reach, twist, push and pull. Varied assistance is required depending on the mobility of the client. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.