Direct Support Pro/Caregiver - Make Heart Work Your Work
Salary Range:$16.50 To $18.00 Hourly
**This position is eligible for sign-on and retention bonus of up to $1,200**
ALSO - Advocates for Life Skills & Opportunity is a not-for-profit organization that provides supported living, residential and vocational services to people with developmental disabilities since 1988.
We believe it is our duty to uphold our core values by providing competent, caring, and quality services to the people we support. We support adults and children in their homes, workplaces, and communities and offer a variety of programs that promote independence, inclusion, job development, job placement, and an inclusive art studio.
We are seeking Direct Support Pros (DSPs) who will impact the lives of the people we support by providing individual-focused services. To ensure the people we support can live the life of their choosing. DSPs receive on-the-job training while working with people supported in their day-to-day lives. No experience required. All training is paid for and provided.
Make Heart Work Your Work
This kind of work, this work of the heart, brings out the bold, the brave, the outspoken, the passionate, and the compassionate. By joining the ALSO team, you make a difference in people’s lives and the community each and every day.
- As a Heart Worker
- You are an advocate.
- You are a companion.
- You are an ally.
- You build bridges.
- You are essential.
- You are memorable.
- You are caring.
- You are patient.
- You see ability, not disability.
- Eligible for signing bonus at the start of regular employment pending vaccination record and retention bonuses at 3,6, and 9 months of employment pending that all training is complete.
- Our robust training programs act as continuing education resume builders and certifications including things like CPR, OIS, Core Competencies, Management Training.
- We offer an Employee Assistance Program which aids our employees with financial planning, counseling sessions, and other services to promote work-life balance.
- We have employee recognition programs. We appreciate our employees.
- We offer an employee referral program with cash rewards of up to $500.
- We provide the opportunity for annual compensation increases.
- We offer benefits including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance, sick time full-time positions.
- We provide a 401K Plan with up to a 4% match for full-time positions.
- ALSO observes the following holidays: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
For most DSP full-time positions we offer a mileage allowance
- and cover fuel costs for all work-related automotive travel.
- Full-time, part-time, and on-call DSP roles are available.
- This position satisfies the employment eligibility requirements for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (but are not necessarily limited to)
- Communicating respectfully to individuals by honoring their personal needs and style.
- Maintaining a professional and encouraging attitude that helps promote positive living and working environments.
- Assisting the person(s) supported with housekeeping duties, laundry, grocery shopping, and meal preparation (including education about healthy food/meal choices according to doctor’s orders and personal preference, and teaching food preparation and food safety).
- Accompanying persons served on social outings, activities, or appointments.
- Assisting person(s) supported with administering medication and education concerning personal hygiene by using positive interaction and encouragement.
- Reading, understanding, and being familiar with individual support plans and support documents.
- Completing daily documentation requirements according to ALSO, state, and federal policies and expectations.
- Following ALSO and state regulations regarding medication procedures, including ensuring medications are available, properly labeled, and distributed per directives.
- Communicating professionally with all vendors. Ensure phone messages/notifications are forwarded to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Notifying coworkers, management, and ALSO administration of urgent safety needs, staffing crises, or medical needs in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Being an active participant in the evaluation process by providing input/feedback, completing honest and fair self-evaluations, and assisting in professional development goals
Make heart work your work.
All candidates considered for employment are required to successfully pass a comprehensive background check prior to joining ALSO and ongoing every two years.
Advocates for Life Skills & Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.