Perform various resident care activities and related nonprofessional services essential to caring for
personal needs and comfort of residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist all residents/clients with a high quality of personal care, including but not limited to;
bathing, dressing, grooming, shaving, incontinent care, foot care, vital signs, height and weight
checks per policy.
2. Make all beds as needed in A.M., turn down as needed in P.M. and change bed linens once each
week or PRN.
3. Complete resident’s personal laundry as assigned.
4. Complete flat linens per shift as assigned.
5. Assist residents with meal time. Cut food. Encourage to eat.
6. Utilize special programs components offered by the community.
7. Promote a calm atmosphere.
8. Complete and document shift assignments as assigned, if unable to complete, report to nursing
9. Report to nurse on duty and Director of Health Services all unusual behavior of resident
(changing of status).
10. Provide activities as planned and/or directed.
11. Document resident status as per policy
12. Respond to call lights and emergencies in a timely manner.
13. Provide emergency care within scope of practice.
14. Be familiar with and follow community policies.
15. Supports creating a culture where the business decisions made in this position, along with
individual employee engagement, drive top-line revenue and occupancy.
GENERAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. The Community embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, all employees are expected as a condition
of employment to practice the LCS Hospitality Promises™ in all interactions with residents, fellow
employees, and guests:
We greet you warmly, by name and with a smile.
We treat everyone with courteous respect.
We anticipate your needs and act accordingly.
We listen and respond enthusiastically in a timely manner.
We hold ourselves and one another accountable.
We make you feel important.
We embrace and value our differences.
We ask, “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
We maintain high levels of professionalism, both in conduct and appearance, at all times.
We pay attention to details.
2. Observe and abide by all regulations to ensure that personal health information is protected
during its collection, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction within the community; and to
ensure only the minimum necessary information is known to function in this position.
3. Assure resident safety.
4. Follow written and oral directions.
5. Maintain all tools, equipment and supplies in proper condition.
6. Recommends improvements and offers suggestions as appropriate.
7. May participate in orientation and development of new employees.
8. Maintain confidentiality of resident and community information.
9. Assist new employees in following established community policies and procedures.
10. Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
11. Attend all in-services as assigned or requested.
12. Participate in interdisciplinary team and other community meetings as assigned or requested.
13. Consistently work cooperatively with residents, co-workers, physicians, families, consultant
personnel and other ancillary service providers.
14. Observe all community safety policies and procedures.
15. Is observant of safety hazards and emergency situations, and reports to appropriate person or
takes corrective action according to established procedures.
16. Come to work in a clean, neat uniform and consistently present an appropriate professional
17. Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality, comply
with attendance policy.
18. Assume accountability for data contained in the employee handbook.
19. Assumes accountability for compliance with Federal, State, and other regulations within scope of
control and of which informed.
20. Observe infection control procedures.
21. Follow Residents’ Rights policies at all times.
22. Observe all community policies and procedures.
23. Accept assigned duties, instructions or correction in a cooperative manner, voicing concerns or
disagreement in a professional manner through established chain of authority according to state
24. Perform incidental housekeeping and maintenance tasks as may arise during the course of regular
duties, in order to maintain a clean, safe, pleasant environment for residents, visitors and staff.
25. Perform all other related duties as assigned in an effective, timely and professional manner.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
One (1) year experience working as a CNA/PCA/HHA/RA preferred
One (1) year experience working in assisted living/memory care preferred
Current, valid CNA/PCA/HHA/RA certification required in applicable states
First Aid and/or CPR certification by qualified training required in applicable states-community will provide training if necessary
Proficiency in the English language enabling the employee to read, write, comprehend and
communicate simple instructions, correspondence, memos, etc.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Willingness to be available for any/all emergencies regarding the community.
Doctor’s statement verifying free from communicable disease, if applicable in your state
Tools, equipment, machines may be used on the job:
Personal computer and general office equipment
Physical activities of the position:
Lifts and carries up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance
Pushes and pulls up to 50 lbs. with assistance occasionally
Walking, standing, pushing, stooping, bending and stretching frequently
Physical requirements of the job:
Medium work – exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently
and/or up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally to move objects.