The Home Care Aide performs services for the client as necessary to maintain the personal care and comfort of the client.
· Understand and adhere to information and precautions contained in individual client’s Home Plan of Care.
· Assist the client with personal care activities including: bathing, skin care, back rub, hair care, nail care, dressing and undressing, feeding, oral hygiene, shaving, grooming and bedtime care.
· Assist the client to the bathroom or in use of urinal or bedpan. Keep incontinent clients clean and dry.
· Assist the client with client's self-administration of medications.
· Assist the client with personal communication skills, as needed.
· Prepare appropriate documentation of the client care or service(s) furnished.
· Report all client and employee incidents/accidents to supervisor immediately.
· Assist the client with exercise, ambulation and transfer activities. Be aware of proper body mechanics.
· Observe safety precautions including: wiping up wet floors, spills and other falling hazards immediately. Also report safety hazards, frayed electrical cords, unsecured handrails, malfunctioning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors/alarms, defective equipment or environmental hazards to supervisor on the same day of observation.
· Engage in respectful social interaction with client, including friendly conversation and empathic support, as well as, respecting client’s privacy and property.
· Exhibit positive attitude and behavior and demonstrate respect for clients.
· Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information pertaining to clients, including clients' families.
· Respond and attend to client’s requests promptly.
· Communicate effectively with all members of the team.
· Maintain proper hand washing techniques.
· Participate in required in-service training programs to meet regulatory requirements.
· Understand the importance of seeking assistance, as needed, from your supervisor and/or others; demonstrate capability and dependability in following instructions.
· Understand that regular, consistent attendance is necessary to serve clients.
· Accept and fulfill assignments with the Agency; exercise judgment in accepting assignments.
· Perform related duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the management team.
Must be eighteen years of age
Demonstrate sympathetic attitude toward caring for others
Previous experience in private duty home care preferred
Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically orally and in writing.
Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm and maintain a sense of humor, and present a well-groomed professional image.
Possess and maintain current TB testing.
Ability to lawfully work in the U.S.
Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, stretching, stooping, walking, climbing stairs and moving intermittently during working hours.
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Must be able to properly operate office equipment.
Must be able to maintain verbal and written communication with co-workers, leadership team, supervisors, clients, family members, vendors and all business associates within or outside the Agency.
All of the above demands are subject to ADA requirements.
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily. After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.