AW Healthcare has an immediate opening for a Full-time Floater CNA/Caregiver position to cover North & West St Louis county and St Charles county.
The position of Caregiver Float is to provide personal hygiene and a safe environment to clients as assigned and to be available to cover shifts when others call off or new un-assigned cases. Priority will be given to providing for the client’s physical care such as personal cleanliness and/or wound care and to the immediate environment which directly affects the client’s health and safety needs. The Caregiver Float services are scheduled intermittent visits provided to the client according to the client’s care plan.
Assist the client with personal hygiene such is bathing, care of skin, mouth and hair. Instruct client and family in meeting client’s personal hygiene needs
Provide physical assistance in client transfer, positioning and ambulation as outlined in the client care plan.
Assist client with prescribed non-skilled exercises which the client, family, and in-home care aide have been taught by appropriate professional personnel.
Change client bed linen as needed.
Clear client’s path of clutter or client’s room to provide for maximum client safety.
Prepare a light meal if visit during mealtime and time permits.
Assist in cleaning and maintaining supplies and equipment in proper condition.
Assist the recipient with ordinarily self-administered medications (open bottles, get water).
Shopping for groceries or household items specifically required for the health and maintenance of the client.
Apply non-prescription topical ointments/lotions to unbroken skin at the recipient’s direction.
Assist with any Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) not previously listed and within the scope of service and licensure.
May be asked to perform such activities including, but not limited to;
walking the dog or taking care of pets
collecting and disposing of the household trash
collecting and delivering mail
play games and participate in other social events
facilitate the client’s safe participation in family gatherings
any other reasonable request
- Must maintain own valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- High School Diploma/GED, Preferred
- Certified Nurse Assistant or COTA, Preferred
- Moderate computer skills, including word processing and data entry;
- Must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision;
- Must be a “team player” dedicated to providing a high level of customer service, with a positive attitude;
- Must be able to communicate effectively and possess well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills;
- Ability to effectively interact with all employees;
- Ability to be well organized and prioritize effectively;
- Must maintain required yearly training/education as mandated by agency.
Works within the agency offices and patient homes, and will be required to travel between offices and client homes.
Ability to participate in physical activity;
Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity;
Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily. After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.