Home Health Aide
Patient Care Aide
Description: This position provides custodial, personal, and some skilled care under nurse delegation to clients that contract with Assisting Hands for services under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) and in compliance with the Plan of Care designated by the RN.
Starting Hourly Rates are $17.00 - $20.00, subject to change
Flexible Work Schedules
Bi-weekly Direct Deposit
Continuing Education (CE) Courses/Training
Employee Rewards & Recognition Program
Financial Wellness Program
Mileage Reimbursement & Fuel/Gas Card
Education: High School Diploma/GED required; Current Nursing Assistant Certification in good standing
Qualifications: Individuals must have successfully completed and provided evidence of formal training and certification as a Nursing Assistant per state law and regulation. One (1) year of experience in the home or long-term care setting is preferred.
Physical Activities: Physical activities may include transferring, rotating, and assisting clients who are partially or totally dependent on moving about. Other physical requirements include stooping, bending, kneeling, standing, and walking and the ability to lift objects and patients weighing over 50 lbs.
Reports to: Director of Nursing
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment within the client’s residence. Duties may include light cleaning and straightening of the bathroom, straightening the sleeping and living areas, washing the client's dishes or laundry, and other tasks to maintain cleanliness and safety for the client.
- The performance of all personal care activities contained in a written Plan of Care detailed by the agency’s Director of Nursing which may include assisting the client with personal hygiene, ambulation and exercise, eating, dressing, shaving, physical transfer, and other duties as assigned.
- Providing nutritional support as needed.
- Reporting changes in the client’s condition.
- Other activities as taught and overseen periodically by a Registered Nurse for a specific client and are restricted to the following:
- Assisting with the change of a colostomy bag, reinforcement of dressing;
- Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living such as a wheelchair, walker, or Hoyer lift;
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises;
- Measuring and preparing special diets;
- Teaching household routine and skills to well members of the family;
- Measuring intake and output of fluids;
- Measuring and recording temperature, pulse, respiration, or blood pressure;
- Keeping records of personal health care activities;
- Observing appearance and gross behavioral changes in the client and reporting to the Registered Nurse.
- Assisting the client with the self-administration of medication, limited to the following tasks:
- Taking the medication in its previously dispensed, properly labeled container, from where it is stored and bringing it to the client.
- In the presence of the client, read the label, open the container, and close the container.
- Placing an oral dosage in the client's hand or placing the dosage in another container and helping the client by lifting the container to his or her mouth.
- Applying topical over-the-counter medications.
- The Caregiver may also provide the following assistance with self-administered medication, as needed by the client:
- Preparing necessary items such as juice, water, cups, or spoons to assist the client in the self-administration of medication;
- Opening and closing the medication container or tearing the foil of prepackaged medications;
- Assisting the client in the self-administration process. Examples of such assistance include the steadying of the arm, hand, or other parts of the client's body so as to allow the self-administration of medication.
- Abides by the agency’s infection control policies, including proper handwashing techniques consistent with CDC Guidelines.
- Abides by all policies and procedures outlined in the agency’s Policy and Procedure Manual, Caregiver Handbook, and Caregiver Training Manual.
Hours: Dependent on assignment; Shifts available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, and based on availability.
Location: Virginia specifically ~ Reston, Tysons Corner, McLean, Great Falls, Annandale.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, hourly
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."