Be a blessing for those in our Omaha community! At FirstLight Home Care you are able to provide one-on-one personal care for one client per shift thus reducing a high stress work environment.
We value our caregivers, we listen, we support, we reward!
We are always looking for kindhearted, experienced or no experience caregivers who will provide companionship and basic daily care for a senior who need assistance. Experience preferred.
Job responsibilities may Include:
- Companionship – talking, puzzles, reading
- Meal/snack preparation and assistance with eating when appropriate
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Errands and/or accompanying to appointments
- Give medication reminders
- Personal Care - Bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting
- If you have a Heart for Caring – you can earn a living while making a difference!
- Flexible hrs. that fit YOUR schedule! Together, we will tailor a schedule that works for you.
- Competitive Pay – weekly paychecks – direct deposit
- On-Call Pay
- Birthday and Holiday Pay
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Free Flu Shot and TB Test
- Caregiver Referral Incentive
- Client Referral Incentive
- Mask, gloves and FLHC apparel
- Paid Training – General care with an emphasize on hospice, dementia, activities of daily living all provided by our nurse!
- Free Learning, Development, & Certification opportunities!
- Meaningful work to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- A Great Culture of Care Work Environment where you are valued, appreciated, and rewarded.
At FirstLight our mission is to deliver extraordinary care provided by amazing people who help individuals achieve the quality of life they deserve. If you are kindhearted and passionate about providing care, are dependable and are willing to challenge yourself daily to make a positive impact on the lives of those you care for, we want YOU on our team.
- 18 years old or more
- We welcome candidates from all backgrounds
- Access to a smartphone or PC – we us an app for client updates, clocking in/out, messaging capabilities, view online schedule.
- Ability to carry out directions, verbally communicate with clients and staff.
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Proof of state issued driver's license/state ID and valid auto insurance
- Physical requirements (able to lift 25 lbs)
- Pass onsite drug screen
- Clear background check
Here is What We Are Doing to Keep You Safe During COVID-19:
- Follow all CDC guidelines
- Provide personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Daily monitoring of symptoms of caregivers
- Increased training around infection control protocols
- Regular checks with clients and families to identify any symptoms