AW Healthcare has immediate openings out of our office in Wentzville, MO servicing clients in the St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren Counties.
* Multiple PRN Caregiver Positions available *
The position of Caregiver is to provide personal hygiene and a safe environment to clients. Priority will be given to providing for the client’s physical care such as personal cleanliness and/or wound care and to the immediate environment which directly affects the patient’s health and safety needs. Caregiver services are scheduled intermittent visits provided to the patient according to the patient’s care plan.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assist the patient with personal hygiene such is bathing, care of skin, mouth and hair. Instruct patient and family in meeting patient’s personal hygiene needs
- Provide physical assistance in patient transfer, positioning and ambulation as outlined in the patient care plan.
- Assist patient with prescribed non-skilled exercises which the patient, family, and caregiver have been taught by appropriate professional personnel.
- Change patient bed linen as needed.
- Clear patient path of clutter or patient’s room to provide for maximum patient safety.
- Prepare a light meal if visit during mealtime and time permits.
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining supplies and equipment in proper condition.
- Assist the recipient with ordinarily self-administered medications (open bottles, get water).
- Shopping for groceries or household items specifically required for the health and maintenance of the recipient.
- Apply non-prescription topical ointments/lotions to unbroken skin at the recipient’s direction.
- High School Diploma/GED, Preferred
- Moderate computer skills, including word processing and data entry;
- Must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision;
- Must be a “team player” dedicated to providing a high level of customer service, with a positive attitude;
- Must be able to communicate effectively and possess well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills;
- Ability to effectively interact with all employees;
- Ability to be well organized and prioritize effectively;
- Must maintain required yearly training/education as mandated by agency.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
Works within the agency offices and patient homes, and will be required to travel between offices and client homes.
Ability to participate in physical activity;
Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity;
Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily. After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.