Since 1996, Always Best Care has helped thousands of families with non-medical in-home care and assisted living referral services. In select markets, we provide skilled home care for clients that need the services of our exceptional clinical care team.
Our passion for helping people maintain a safe, independent, and dignified lifestyle represents the strong foundation of Always Best Care. Every client receives extraordinary care in an inspiring environment with caring and compassionate people.
Our skilled caregivers make more things possible in the lives of our clients. Our future employees have a minimum of one-year experience in care giving, excellent communication skills, personal care experience with seniors and a heart for working with seniors. The main function of the caregiver is to provide care for clients in a safe, secure, professional environment which meets their needs. Caregivers help assist with the activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, personal hygiene, continence care, meal preparation, medication reminders, keeping the home safe and clean, as well as the overall supervision of the clients’ physical and mental well being
We combine professional care management, training, and counseling to deliver superior services to older adults, their families, and the professionals involved in their care.
Portrait of an ABC Caregiver
· Excellent Communication skills.
· Heart for working with seniors.
· Enjoys assisting with the daily activities of patient care.
CNA Primary Responsibilities
● Provides patient laundry and linen changes
● Light housekeeping
● Provides medication reminders
● Meal preparation and clean up
● Serve meals and help patients eat
● Bathe and dress patients
● Take vital signs
● Turn or reposition patients who are bedridden
● Collect information about conditions and treatment plans from caregivers and nurses
● Provide and empty bedpans
● Lift patients into beds, wheelchairs, exam tables, etc. (Guidelines provided)
● Answer patient calls
● Examine patients for bruises, blood in urine or other injuries/wounds
● Clean and sanitize patient areas
● Cleans rooms and makes patient bed.
● Change bed sheets and restock rooms with necessary supplies
● Converses with patients to provide assurance.
● Provides patient transportation to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping/mileage paid
● Observes Universal Precautions.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
· Active NM State CNA certification/license
· Valid driver's license/Social Security Card
· Must be able to work legally in the US
· Current auto insurance
· Proof of a TB test taken within the last year showing clear results
· Able to participate in additional training (online)/paid
· Two references required (One manager/supervisor and One personal)
· Must be able to pass background check
· Experience working with seniors
· English proficiency and excellent communication skills depending on the needs of the client
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Varies depending on patient needs as well as your available schedule.
· May work a variety of assignments ranging from 1-12 hours. Shifts may include mornings, afternoons, evenings, or weekends. Assignments will vary depending on the needs of the client/family.
· $15-$17/hour to start - plus milage
· This position is a non-exempt, hourly position
· Mileage between clients’ homes if it falls within an hour of shifts
· Paid mileage while running errands for clients
· Additional bonuses and incentives, Employee referral Program
· Medical/Dental/Vision package offered after 90 days of employment. You must keep and maintain a 40-hour work week consecutively for three months. Employer pays one half (1/2) of the coverage for employee only.
· Care Manager/Care Supervisor
· 1650 Alameda Boulevard Northwest, Albuquerque, NM 87114
· Albuquerque and Rio Rancho Area - from client to client’s home
Apply for this job in less than 3 minutes - applications reviewed daily. After completing this application, you can easily apply for additional jobs with 1-click.