BrightStar of Columbus is hiring State Tested Nurse Aides (STNA) for our per diem staffing program. Care providers will have the opportunity to work at in a variety of clinical settings, and only the hours that fit your schedule. In addition to weekly pay, BrightStar offers the following employee benefits:
· Fast Start Bonus program
· Referral Bonus program
· Annual wage increases
· Earned paid time off (PTO) Position Summary:
Provides patient care under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a LPN/LVN at our client’s facility. Essential Functions:
- Takes and records vital signs.
- Measures and records height and weight. Calculates and records fluid intake and output.
- Recognizes abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
- Provides assistance as needed with medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, and other activities of daily living.
- Transfers, positions and turns residents.
- Provides skin care.
- Contributes to the resident's assessment and the plan of care.
- Provides nursing rehabilitation/restorative nursing services.
- Follows the schedule of resident's needs set out by supervisor.
- Informs supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
- Is familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) certification/license in good standing and without any encumbrances.
- Potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- BLS / CPR preferred.
BrightStar is looking forward to working with you. For additional information, please contact Shantelle Ferguson at the branch by calling (614) 442-1000 or emailing at email@example.com.