myCNAjobs.com, a Healthcare Research LLC Company, announces the release of The Caregiver Trend Report: Get Competitive Edition, the industry’s most comprehensive collection of data and trends for caregiving professionals.
The state of the industry report provides valuable insight to help industry stakeholders better understand the psyche of a caregiver and how job search has changed over the past 12 months.
The report examines what’s most important in evaluating a company, job offer, pay, benefits, and more.
The report is released at a time when home care agencies, assisted living communities, hospitals, and nursing homes are under increased pressure to hire caregivers and certified nursing assistants to meet market demands and turnover.
“Executives understand the war for caregiver talent is here,” says Brandi Kurtyka, CEO, of Chicago-based myCNAjobs. “It’s time to get competitive as caregivers are in the driver’s seat and can often get a job within 72 hours.”
Data was collected across two studies including a survey conducted in December 2017 and a pay analysis of over one million caregivers nationwide. Key findings include:
- State-level wage data
- Zip-code level wage data (available at https://www.mycnajobs.com/pay)
- 65% of caregivers are always looking for a better job and 97% of caregivers are open to another job opportunity at any given time
- 22% of caregivers prefer to work for a home care agency while 26% of caregivers prefer to work directly for a family
- 80% of caregivers report they prefer to work for one company if they can get the hours they want and it’s often easier to get preferred hours working retail or fast food
- 83% of caregivers report working for memory loss patients but only 65% report having any formal training working with memory loss patients
- 68% of caregivers would choose access to a 401k program versus paid vacation time
myCNAjobs offers a suite of recruitment tools to recruit Caregivers, Resident Aides, CNAs, & Dietary. Rated #1 return-on-investment in senior care, myCNAjobs partners with companies across the nation to access millions of front-line workers nationwide. Learn more at myCNAjobs.com/hire.