Scholarship Application Terms and Conditions
YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP AND PARTICIPATION IN THIS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Scholarship is limited to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of Application. In addition, Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements listed on the application page in order to qualify for the Scholarship. This Scholarship is void where prohibited by law.
3. APPLICATION PERIOD. The period to apply for the Scholarship begins when the Scholarship application link is made available on the myCNAjobs.com website (the “Site”) and ends when the number of Scholarships listed in the applicable Scholarship link have been awarded.
5. EXCLUSIONS AND CONDITIONS. You may not submit an Application (or any associated content, including your photo, video and/or written submission) that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable; that is harmful to minors in any way; or that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party. Any Application submitted that, in myCNAjobs’ sole and absolute discretion, violates these Terms, will be void and will not be eligible for the Scholarship.
6. APPLICATION MATERIAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES. You represent and warrant that all information that you include in your Application is true and correct. Application Forms not completed as described in these Terms during the Application Period will be void. Limit: 1 Application Form per Scholarship per individual. Application Forms received in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of entries, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified and all of their Application Forms will be deemed invalid and any Scholarship won shall be forfeited. Application Forms that are late, lost, stolen, undelivered, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, or that contain false information, have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the Application process, or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in these Terms will be void. As between you and myCNAjobs, all Application Forms and the content included therein shall become the property of myCNAjobs upon submission.
8. DETERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS. myCNAjobs will determine which individuals will be awarded scholarships based on whether the Applicant meets the relevant eligibility criteria.
As further set out in Section 9 below, to receive the Scholarship award, myCNAjobs and/or the applicable sponsor may require you to submit to a background check to the extent allowed and consistent with all applicable laws. The background check may include a criminal and consumer report background check as well as an informal review of your social media presence (e.g., on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and/or any other social media sites as determined by myCNAjobs and/or the applicable sponsor). A potential Scholarship winner may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, based on the results of such background check and/or social media review. If a potential Scholarship winner is disqualified from the Scholarship based on the results of a required background check, the Scholarship may be awarded to another applicant.
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION. Scholarship winners will be notified within [1 Week] by email or text message and will be required to respond to the notification and enroll the applicable training or certification course relating to their Award within [twenty four (24) hours] of myCNAjobs’ issuance of such notification. If no response is received, or such course has not been enrolled in, within the time allotted, the Scholarship will be revoked and awarded to another applicant. myCNAjobs is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless, or land-line phone service which may result in potential Scholarship winners not receiving initial award notification.
myCNAjobs reserves the right to condition an Award on the verification by it and/or the applicable sponsor that all Scholarship requirements have been met by the potential Scholarship winner. If the applicable sponsor requires a background check, then prior to being verified as a Scholarship winner, a potential Scholarship winner may be required to execute and return a consumer report background check release within a period of time specified by myCNAjobs or the applicable sponsor. Failure of a potential Scholarship winner to comply with the above requirements or these Terms for any reason, or the return of any Scholarship award notification as undeliverable, or the determination that a Schloarship award winner is ineligible to receive the Scholarship, may result in forfeiture of the Scholarship and selection of an alternate Scholarship winner in accordance with these Terms. Neither myCNAjobs nor any sponsor is responsible for any Applicant’s change of email address, mailing address, telephone number, and/or other contact information.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SCHOLARSHIP, AWARD(S), AND EVERYTHING ON MYCNAJOBS’ SITE(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, MYCNAJOBS MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT MATERIALS ON ITS WEBSITES RELATING TO THE SCHOLARSHIP ARE APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE AT ALL LOCATIONS AT ALL TIMES. IT IS APPLICANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT APPLYING FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP AND RECEIVING AND/OR USING ANY SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED HEREUNDER IS LEGAL AND NOT PROHIBITED BY THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH APPLICANT IS A CITIZEN. MYCNAJOBS MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT A SCHOLARSHIP AWARD WILL RESULT IN SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A CLASS, COURSE, OR CERTIFICATION, OR THAT AN A SCHOLARSHIP AWARD WILL ULTIMATELY RESULT IN ANY EMPLOYMENT, JOB, OR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES.
11. INDEMNIFICATION. By applying, you agree that myCNAjobs, the applicable sponsor and its and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, third party service agencies, Scholarship sponsors/donors, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Scholarship Entities”), are indemnified, released and will be held harmless by you from any and all liability, for any damages, injuries, or losses of any kind to person(s), including death, or property, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Scholarship or your participation in the Scholarship or any Scholarship-related activity, in any way.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Scholarship Entities are not responsible for and are hereby released from liability with respect to: (a) any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other errors in the printing, the offering, or the administration of the Scholarship or in the announcement of the Award; (b) lost, late, illegible, misdirected, or non-delivered Application Forms or emails; (c) any Application Forms submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Terms; (d) for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet service provider, website or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, or miscommunications, or failed computer, network, telephone, or cable hardware, software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Application Form or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (f) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Scholarship; (g) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of any website; or (h) injury or damage to Applicant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Scholarship or downloading or copying materials from or use of website.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SCHOLARSHIP ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF APPLICANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE MYCNAJOBS SITE AND/OR APPLICATIONS OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE MYCNAJOBS SITE AND/OR APPLICATIONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS. You grant (and agrees to confirm such grant in writing promptly upon request) to myCNAjobs and the applicable sponsor and those acting under myCNAjobs’ or the applicable sponsor’s authority the right to use your name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements, and biographical information at any time or times for advertising, trade, publicity, and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification, approval or additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.